Sunday, February 26, 2012

One lazy afternoon



Working at home has its benefits. After crouching on the comp since morning I was tempted to ease my back atop a mat in the sunny patch in the garden. Somewhere along this ritual I fell asleep, only to be woken by a slight rustle. With sleepy eyes I watched a crow curiously perched, dangerously close to my human touch. I pretended to be still asleep trying to find out its intentions. I saw the crow put down its head on the ground as if it were listening to something and then suddenly flying off a little to the back as if scared that I would wake up. This happened three times and every time after the 5 seconds flight it walked back with a swagger again close to me. It dawned on me after a while that the fellow was trying to mimic me, resting my head on the ground, probably trying to find out what I was doing! My sudden laugh scared it away as it perched itself at a safe distance on the boundary wall, skeptical still....My fascination for this unique bird never ceases, am hoping to be able to imitate that swagger soon though :)


( Image courtesy Google)

1 comment:

Raj said...

:) that was a sweet little encounter.